• Personal attacks of any sort will not be tolerated.
• Swearing is prohibited.
• Many forums have guidelines specific to the nature of the forum, and those guidelines are to be respected within each forum in addition to all other forum guidelines. Refer to the forum heading and/or "sticky" threads at the top of each forum listing to locate forum specific rules.
• Utilizing the forum to cause trouble within the club is prohibited. Issues concerning the management of the club, the forum, or the actions (or inaction) of the Board of Directors may be discussed in person, openly or privately, at a meeting.
• No club member may have more than one log-in.
• Attempting to circumvent the security of the club in any way will result in a permanent ban from all club activities and access to the forum.
• If you are subject to disciplinary action, attempting to circumvent that action will result in a permanent ban from all club activities and access to the forum.
• Intentionally posting in the incorrect forum is prohibited.
• All posts should be "family friendly" (PG-13 or below) except in areas where it is specified that other content is permitted. Use the MPAA ratings as a content guideline if you are unsure. Website
• Hate speech is prohibited.
• Forum use for purposes of SPAM, marketing (unless you are a sponsor), etc. is prohibited.
• All "club business" is to be conducted in person, at a meeting. NOT on the forum.
• The concept of Frag-it-forward (FIF), pay it forward, etc. is not a rule, but a RESPECTED custom within our club. If someone gives you something, it is customary for you to pass it on when you are done with it. If a living thing is given to you, (coral, fish, etc.) then spawn, coral frags, etc. from it in the future are expected to be given away as well. If you accept a free thing from a club member, this agreement is generally implied. Failing to comply is not a rule violation, but is considered to be in extremely poor taste, and will likely result in you never getting another such gift.
• For Sale and Want to Buy type threads or posts are not allowed in any forums except in the Classified area .
Punishment for violations range from verbal/written warnings to lifetime bans, based on severity/frequency of the rule violation.
Punishment is decided by the moderator who notices the violation and is not negotiable, but is subject to being overruled by singular decision of the club president.
A majority vote of the Board of Directors can over rule the President on this matter.
This list is not comprehensive. The rule of law applies here as it does everywhere in our country. Violations of the law may be forwarded to the appropriate authority.
For more information on the culture of the club and it's forum: [URL="http://www.tcmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13477"]http://www.tcmas.org/v4/forums/showthread.php?t=13477[/URL]
For a breakdown of the acronyms and addreviations used here: [URL="http://www.tcmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7675"]http://www.tcmas.org/v4/forums/showthread.php?t=7675[/URL]
The following is from the user agreement signed by everyone who has a forum ID:
"Although the administrators and moderators of TCMAS will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of TCMAS will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of TCMAS reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."
Warning/Infraction System for TOS Violations
A warning and infraction system to deal with TOS violations. A warning is just that... a warning, and no points are assessed.
An infraction is a TOS violation which is assigned a certain number of points; small infractions such as Signature Violations are worth 1 point while more serious infractions such as Threatening Physical Violence on Another Member will be worth 15 points, etc.
Please note that although not each and every violation will invoke infraction points, they can still carry penalties such as having your post deleted, or your thread locked.
Per the bylaws the BOD always has the ability to levy a ban, and that this set of forum rules doesn't change the bylaws. Its just a set of rules for the forum.
The following is a list of infractions and the amount of points a member will be given for each TOS violation:
• Classifieds Violation - 1 point
• Signature Rule Violation - 1 point
• Avatar/Profile Picture Violation - 1 point
• Soliciting Business or Posting Ads in the Discussion Forums - 2 points
• Spamming/Inappropriate Advertising - 2 points
• Profanity/Inappropriate Language - 2 points
• Personal/Ethical Attack Against a Business, Breeder, another Member/individual and Moderators/Administrators - 3 points
• Incessant Harassment or Off Topic Posts aka "Trolling" - 3 points
• Prejudicial Remarks or Slurs - 4 points
• Sexual Harassment - 5 points
• Posting Obscene Material, Links or Images - 15 points
• Posting Under Another Member's Username/Account in a malicious manner or to purposely impersonate another member - 15 points
• Threatening Another Member With Violence - 15 points
• Registering Multiple User Accounts to Bypass a Ban - 20 points
◆ Each infraction given will expire after 18 months.
◆ Once a member accumulates a certain amount of points, they will be suspended and/or banned.
◆ If you accumulate 10 points - account suspended for 2 weeks
◆ 15 points - account suspended for 1 month
◆ 20 points - banned permanently
◆ Once a member accumulates 20 warning points, they are banned permanently, however they can be allowed back at the discretion of the BOD.